Features Of A Kitchen Sink
The most used sink in the home is that of the kitchen. It is used 24/7 all round the year. Hence, to ensure the perfect performance of the kitchen sink it is important to buy a kitchen sink from Bright Renovation International that has all the essential features. Keep your eyes open while buying the right sink with all the must have features so that you can get the maximum benefit out of it. The features that every kitchen sink must have are as follows:
- Depth of the kitchen sink is detrimental in buying the right kitchen sink. The deeper the sink the easier the work would be. The sink experts recommend that an ideal depth of the sink has to be between 6 and 12 inches in total. The deepest sinks ensure easy water flow, perfect cleaning, and more space for time saving.
- Drain hole is the strainer to get rid of the unclean water and allow the water to pass through and so it would not collect in the sink while working. The drain hole or the sink strainer is located in the centre of the sink and below this is the pipe through which the water passes. The right measurement of the sink holes is 3.5 inches. The drain hole is covered with a strainer that keeps away the solid stuff like peels, seeds and similar from going into the main pipeline. Hence, this prevents the sewage from getting blocked. It is better to have the holes in the rear position.
- Faucet position is another key feature to the sink. Many sinks meant for the kitchen installation come with the holes that are pre-drilled. This limits the positioning or placement of the faucets. It is better to choose a sink without the faucet holes. This would ensure that you can have the faucet in the position of your choice. Generally there can be as limited as one hole up to a maximum of four holes. The holes actually show that how the water flows of different temperatures can be controlled. In the four-hole faucet besides the hot and cold water flow there is another option for a side sprayer too.
- Bowls can vary in numbers too. The maximum number of bowls in a sink is four. The number of bowl determines how much utensils can you handle in on go? The multiple bowl sinks are recommended for the commercial usage where due to heavy works it becomes hard to manage the chores with single bowl.
- Rim is the edge of the kitchen sink. It must not be considered as merely a border line of the sink. It is actually much more than this. The various types of sinks according to the kinds of rims are the self rimming sinks, raised rim sinks, and the drop-in rim sink.